Doubt to Action!
Imagine life without doubt and insecurity. You know exactly what you're meant to do and you do it. There's no question as to whether or not you'll reach your potential. It's just a matter of when. Mediocre isn't even an option. You're on a straight path to greatness.
Awakened from a dream, reality sets in. Your path has been anything but straight. Perhaps you know what you want to do. You might even know what you're meant to do. Yet, something is standing in your way.
Are limitations real or are you limited by your mindset?
Yes, feelings are real. Still, you don't have to allow them to limit you. Power given to feelings is within your control. A faulty mindset needs to be addressed before you can do anything of significance. If not, you'll stop before you even start.
Excuses are endless. I bet you can think of a thousand reasons why you can't. Let's flip things around. Don't make excuses. Look for solutions. Let go of all the reasons why you can't. Look for ways to make it happen.
The real goal is action. Without action, no progress is made. Here are some simple steps to take you from doubt to action:
- Evaluate your beliefs. How do you see yourself, life, potential, goals and faith? Is your outlook positive or do you tend to shift towards the negative?
- Assess your gifts and talents. Make a list of what you love to do and what comes natural to you.
- Think about your potential. Remember, you must first recognize your potential before you can walk in it. What can you realistically accomplish? Do you recognize your potential?
- Evaluate your expectations. It's possible for expectations to be set too high or too low. Look for a happy medium. Reassess expectations as you move forward. Are your expectations realistic or unrealistic?
- Assess goals. Do goals line up with your potential and expectations?
- Focus on your mindset. Accept that doubt will come. It's OK. Just don't allow it to limit you. Are you doubtful or do you walk by faith?
- Write down ways to turn doubt into action. Focus on positive action that aligns with your goals. What are some steps you can take when doubt comes?
- Go back to Step 1. Reassess and readjust your mindset, goals and expectations on a regular basis. Don't get discouraged if you have a setback. At times you'll need to go backwards to move forward.
Action changes your mindset. Your mindset changes your actions. Courage doesn't build up overnight. Courage builds every time you take a step. Courage leads to confidence. Confidence replaces insecurity and doubt.
Life will never be free of doubt and insecurity. The path to greatness will never be completely straight. Mediocrity will tempt you along the way.
The road to greatness is paved with setbacks, doubt and discouragement. There's no growth without struggle. Challenges build true strength. You'll need it when you arrive. After all, greatness isn't about you. It's about what God wants to do through you.
I'd like to leave you with one piece of advise. Never settle for mediocre. You'll always wonder what might have happened had you taken a chance!
What you achieve will only go as high as what you believe. Reach for your potential!
Want to learn more about the author? Click here
Want to learn about Julie's upcoming book? Click here