Imagine a world without challenges and limitations. Visualize everything lining up perfectly. All is in your favor. Circumstances are optimum to fulfill your potential.
Suddenly, you wake up from the dream. Reality slaps you in the face. Life isn't perfect. In fact, your life is anything but perfect. Everything seems to be against you. Still, you have a vision. The dream is big and you're not willing to let it go.
What's limiting you?
Is time a factor? You just don't have enough hours in the day. You barely have time to accomplish daily tasks. The thought of adding anything extra to your schedule is overwhelming.
Do you have financial pressure? You can't see your way out of a hole of debt. You have a dream. Yet, simply paying the bills is a challenge. The idea that you'll ever get ahead seems completely unrealistic.
Did you get a bad report from the doctor? Health issues can really take a toll on the mind. If worn down physically or emotionally, it's hard to see beyond the moment.
No matter the situation, you're stronger than your circumstances. Every experience has value. You can allow it to stop you or you can use it to make a difference.
Remember, a change in mindset doesn't happen overnight. Here are some simple steps you can take to take back control:
- Identify the problem. What's limiting you?
- Pay attention to your mindset. Is a negative mindset making the problem seem bigger?
- Make a decision to do something about it. What can you do today to change your mindset?
- Be realistic with your goals. Are your expectations realistic or unrealistic? If unrealistic, perhaps a realignment of goals will put you back on track.
- Take action. Is there one step you can take today to start moving in the right direction?
- Breath and trust that everything will be OK. What can you do to replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts? Some examples could be writing your thoughts down, praying, reading the bible or an inspirational book, taking a walk, spending time with a friend.
- Go back to step one! Awareness is key. It's important to recognize that a change in mindset takes time. It's a constant process of learning to adapt and adjust thinking.
If you've allowed circumstances to limit you, not to worry. This is your opportunity to flip things around. Change your mindset and your life will start to change.
Challenges are a part of life. If viewed properly, they can work in your favor. Otherwise, they'll work against you. Being positive doesn't mean things will go your way. It means you'll find the positive no matter how things go.
Life will never be perfect. There will never come a time when circumstances are 100% in your favor. You'll face challenges. You'll be confronted with limitations. With the right mindset, you can learn to make the best of even the most difficult of situations.
If you feel limited by circumstances, you're not alone. Life can be overwhelming at times. The good news is that you have a choice. If you can't change your circumstances, change the way you look at them. Focus on possibilities!
Change your mindset and your life will start to change!
Want to learn more about the author? Click here
Interested in learning about Julie's upcoming book? Click here